Commercial Insurance Co of Ireland Ltd (No. 1)
The first Commercial Insurance Company of Ireland was established in 1896. In 1899, the company's fire business was acquired by the Yorkshire Fire and Life Assurance Company after which the company was voluntarily dissolved. The Yorkshire became part of the General Accident Fire and Life Assurance Corporation Ltd in 1967.
|1896||The company is established|
|1899||The company's fire business is acquired by the Yorkshire Fire and Life Assurance Company|
|1899||The company is voluntarily dissolved|
|1967||The Yorkshire becomes part of General Accident|
Head office premises
|1896 - 1899||17 Nassau Street, Dublin|
Staff and officials
|1896 - 1899||George F H Scarborough|
In the archives
The Aviva archive contains papers relating to the acquisition of the company in 1899.